In this article, you will learn How to Know When Apps Access Your Microphone and Camera on Android.
It is very important to always know when certain applications or even spywares access you microphone or camera on your Android device. iPhones and iPads users have this feature on their devices as colored dots which appear in the status bar when an app is accessing the camera or microphone.
For Android users this process is different because the function is not inbuilt. But we have found a solution for Android users, and this is made possible with and app.
The app mimics the colored dots that are present on iPhone and iPad.
How to Know When Apps Access Your Microphone and Camera on Android
Follow these steps below to be able to know when apps access your microphone or camera.
- First, you need to install Access Dots – iOS 14 cam/mic access indicators from Google Play Store.
- Then launch the app, you will need to enable Access Dots by tapping on the toggle.
- After tapping the toggle in the second step, you will be redirected to the Android Accessibility settings menu. Here you will need to allow Access Dots run as an Accessibility Service.
- After granting Access Dots permission to be on your device, you can now go back to the app. At this point the feature is already running on your device but you might probably need to make some changes to the app settings.
- To access Access Dots settings tap the gear icon. Then you can decide to change the color of the dots by tapping the circles or where you would like the indicator dot to appear.
That’s all. You can even decide to adjust the size of the dots with the slider.
You can also access a log of apps that have accessed your camera and/or microphone when you tap the clock icon.
This feature can come in handy when you are suspecting a privacy breach from a spyware or unauthorized app.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Black Screen With Sound Issue - December 9, 2022
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Green Screen Issue (In Minutes!) - November 13, 2022
- How to Connect Two Vizio Soundbars Together (Quick Guide) - November 12, 2022