If you have been searching for how to compress a video file without losing quality, then this guide is for you.
We will be covering a list of efficient ways to compress a video without losing quality so that it does not reduce quality and takes up less space. There are different methods of making this possible without greatly affecting the quality (data rate or bitrate).
This guide outlines two methods for compressing videos for both mobile phone and PC users. Please note that you should always be careful when uploading your videos to an external website, as some of these platforms might store your data on their servers.
How to compress a video with mobile phone without losing quality
Mobile phone users can easily compress videos using different apps found on the Android Playstore or even the iOS Store, but in this guide, you will learn how to use the Video Compressor app for Android to get high quality compression for your video files.
Follow the steps below to compress a video file without losing quality.
- First, download the Video Compress APK from google Playstore here.
- Open the app and find a video to compress
- Click on the video and select “Compress Video” or “Cut+Compress.”
- Finally, select the compression quality and your compressed video will be available
How to Compress a Video with VLC on PC
We have chosen the VLC software for this tutorial, so you don’t need to download another one on purpose. Follow the steps below to get started:
1. First, launch the VLC media player software on your computer.
2. From the top menu, click “Medium”, and then select the “Convert” option when the options are displayed. (You can open it directly by pressing Control + R from the VLC main screen.)
3. Next, from the Medium screen, on the File tab, click the Add button to add the video or videos you want to compress. Then, tap Convert/Save to proceed to the compression screen.
4. From the Convert window, you will have to make some configurations. First, open the Profile drop-down to select the format in which you want to save your video.
5. Next, click the edit profile button to the right of the selected profile with a wrench icon to enter the Profile Editing window, then in the Encapsulation tab you have to select MP4/MOV to be the same as the profile you chose in the previous step.
6. In the Video Codec tab, from the Encoding Parameters, you have to leave everything as it is, without using bitrate or quality, and with the same frame rate as the original video.
7. Now, the final change you will make is to the Resolution tab. You will use the scale value type 1 before clicking the Save button.
You can check if the “Audio” option is selected in the Audio Codec tab.
8. Finally, tap Export and select the destination folder to save the resulting video after compression. Then, tap the Start button to start compressing the video.
You have to wait a few minutes for the video to finish compressing without touching anything in VLC.
How to compress a video file online without losing quality
You can choose to compress your video files online on any device. For this guide, we will be using the VideoSmaller website. Follow the steps below to get started:
- First, go to videosmaller.
- From the yellow square, click the Browse button and add the video you want to compress.
- Next, check the box for Use low compression level. (This will ensure the highest possible quality.)
- Don’t touch anything else, and tap the “Upload Video” button and wait a few minutes.
- Finally, download your compressed video to your device.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Black Screen With Sound Issue - December 9, 2022
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Green Screen Issue (In Minutes!) - November 13, 2022
- How to Connect Two Vizio Soundbars Together (Quick Guide) - November 12, 2022