In this article, you will learn how to easily change the default web browser on your Windows 11 PC.
The Microsoft Windows 11 operating system comes with the Edge browser as its default web browser, which means that Edge will open whenever you click a web link or open an HTML file on your computer.
Just like in Windows 10 and other versions of Windows, you can change the default browser in Windows 11, but you will have to make a few changes in Settings.
How to Change the Default Web Browser on Windows 11
Follow the steps below to make the change to your default browser settings on Windows 11.
- First, open the Settings app by pressing Windows+i on your keyboard or searching for “Settings” in the search bar.
- From Settings, click “Apps” in the sidebar, then select “Default Apps” from the list.
- Next, type the name of the browser you’d like to set as the default browser in the search box below “Set defaults for applications” (for example, “Firefox” or “Chrome”). Then, click its name in the results below.
- From the browser’s “Default Apps” settings page, where you can find a list of file extensions like “.HTM”, “.HTML”, and “.SHTML”, update the browser of your choice for each extension individually.
After updating the browser for the different extensions, your default browser will now be your selected browser for every extension you update. For example, when you click on a file with the extension “.HTM” or “.HTML,” your selected browser will load the file.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Green Screen Issue (In Minutes!) - November 13, 2022
- How to Connect Two Vizio Soundbars Together (Quick Guide) - November 12, 2022
- How to Fix a Vizio TV That Says No Signal (In Minutes!) - November 9, 2022