In this guide, you will learn how to delete your Facebook account via mobile app or desktop. What does this mean? Well, deleting your Facebook account will remove all your previously published data online within 90 days.
The social media platform, which has over three billion active users, has been around for more than 15 years and has earned the title of being one of the most popular social media platforms on the Internet. Being part of social media platforms is not hard, but some users might want to permanently deactivate or delete their account.
If you are one of those users, then this article will guide you on how to accomplish this on the Facebook mobile app on either Android or iOS or web browser. The best part about this feature is that, should you change your mind after deleting your account, you can still recover all its posts and information within 30 days.
If for some reason, you fail to reactivate your account after the 30 day period, it will be difficult to retrieve your information and posts.
How to Delete a Facebook account via Mobile App
Follow the steps below to delete your Facebook accounts via your Android or iOS device:
- First, open the Facebook app.
- Then, tap the hamburger icon in the top-right corner.
- Navigate to “Settings & Privacy” and select “Settings.”
- Tap “Personal and Account Information”.
- Now, click on Account Ownership and Control. (You will come across two options. irst is the Memorialization settings and second is the Deactivation and deletion.)
- Select “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Select “Delete account” and click on “Continue to account deletion”.
- You will need to choose one of the reasons on the screen or click on “Continue to account deletion”.
- Finally, scroll down and select “Delete account”.
How to Delete a Facebook Account via Desktop
Follow the steps below to also delete your Facebook account through a desktop browser:
- First, visit Facebook’s website on your web browser.
- Then, click on the downwards arrow in the top right corner.
- Go to Settings & Privacy and then click on Settings.
- Click on Your Facebook Information from the panel of menus on the left. (If you have access to a page, click on Privacy and then Your Facebook Information.)
- Choose Deactivation and Deletion at the bottom of the page and click on View.
- Select “Delete account” and click “Continue to account deletion”.
- Select “Delete account”.
- Finally, enter your password to verify it and click on Continue.
Meta-owned Facebook has served as a means of logging in to some platforms online, so deactivating your account means you will lose access to other apps that require your Facebook login credentials.
Although, after going through the account deletion process, you can still recover your account within 30 days. Enough time to think about losing your information permanently.
Don't forget to leave a comment through the comment section below and also try as much as possible to share this post with your friends on various social media platforms.