In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about how to buy and sell crypto on Coinbase.
You must have come across Coinbase one way or the other, either through an ad or inquiry into the crypto market. Either way, if you are interested in learning how to trade crypto on Coinbase, then we have got you covered.
What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, and the platform allows individuals from different countries (depending on their laws on crypto) to buy, sell, and hold digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Why should I buy or sell crypto assets?
The more prominent reason why you would want to buy or sell a crypto asset on any exchange is to make a profit or gains. The cryptocurrency market is now more popular than ever before, with financial platforms like Venmo and Cash App allowing users to trade crypto.
Is Coinbase free?
Just like many crypto exchanges, Coinbase charges a fee for trading via the platform. The fees are different for Coinbase and Coinbase Pro.
Charges can be up to 0.50% when you buy or sell cryptocurrencies, as well as a Coinbase Fee, which is known as a flat fee, and this is determined by the type of payment you’re using. You can learn more by visiting the Coinbase fee page.
How to create an account with Coinbase
The account creation process on Coinbase is easy, even if you’re a beginner. All that will be required is some information, like your legal name, home address, date of birth, last four digits of your Social Security number, and how you plan to use the platform. Follow the steps below to begin.
- First, download the Coinbase app for iPhone or Android.
- Next, launch the app and tap “Get Started.”
- Create an account with your email address and tap “Start.”
- Verify your email by tapping on the link that was sent to your inbox.
- Next, enter your phone number and verify it with the code that was texted to you.
- Enter your name, date of birth, and last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Enter your address.
- Choose how you will use Coinbase, either for investing, online payments, online purchases, or investing in other exchanges.
- Confirm your source of income and tap “Let’s Go.”
- Finally, select the bank account you want to link to Coinbase and tap “Continue.”
That’s it. The next screen will be the main page where you can start trading cryptocurrencies. It is important to note that individuals under the age of 18 are not legally allowed to create an account on Coinbase.
How to Buy and Sell Crypto on Coinbase
How to buy
- First, tap “Get started” at the top of the screen and select the coin you want to buy from the list of crypto assets.
- Next, choose how much you want to purchase.
- Tap “Preview Buy” to review the order.
- Finally, choose “Buy now.”
How to sell
- First, from the main page, tap the blue circle icon and choose Sell.
- Next, select the asset you want to sell, and choose how much you want to sell.
- Finally, review your order and finally tap “Sell now.”
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Black Screen With Sound Issue - December 9, 2022
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Green Screen Issue (In Minutes!) - November 13, 2022
- How to Connect Two Vizio Soundbars Together (Quick Guide) - November 12, 2022