Table of Contents Hide
In this guide, you will learn how to backup contacts from your iPhone to an Android device.
If, for any reason, you need to transfer your contacts from your iPhone to your Android device, then there are different ways to export and import them easily, and we’ll be discussing some of the ways involved.
3 Methods for Transferring Contacts from iPhone to Android
1. Google Account
The first option to transfer contacts from an iPhone to an Android is Google, and Android devices are known to work side-by-side with Google. You can sync all your iPhone contacts over to your new Android phone using Google’s sync feature.
All you have to do is connect your Google account to your iPhone and sync your contacts with it. Here’s how to do this:
- First, head to Settings on your iPhone, then Passwords & Accounts (on iOS 13 and earlier) or Settings, Mail, and then Accounts (on iOS 14).
- Now, tap “Add Account” and select “Google” on the screen that follows.
- Then, enter the login details for the Google account that is logged in on your Android device.
- Tap your Google account once it’s added and turn on the toggle for Contacts. This will sync your iPhone contacts with your Google account.
- After the syncing process is complete, head over to your Android device Settings > Accounts > [your Google account] > Account sync and ensure the Contacts toggle is turned on.
- Finally, launch the Contacts app on your Android phone and all your iPhone’s contacts should be visible there.
That’s all. If you are not satisfied with this option, you can try the second method below.
2. Export From iCloud and Import on Android
The second option will be to export your contacts from the iPhone’s iCloud and then import them to your Android phone’s Google account. Follow the steps below to get this done:
- First, sync your iPhone contacts with iCloud by heading to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and enabling the Contacts option.
- Now, you will need to use a browser on your computer to visit the iCloud website here.
- Next, log into your iCloud account and click the option that says “Contacts” to view your iPhone contacts.
- On the next screen, click the settings icon in the lower-left corner and choose Select All.
- Click the settings icon again and select Export vCard.
- Finally, save the vCard file to your computer.
- The next step is to import your contacts into Google Contacts. From your browser, head over to Google Contacts here and sign in with your Google account.
- Then, click on Import from the left sidebar to import the vCard file that you downloaded earlier.
That’s all. Once all your contacts are imported, you should be able to see your iPhone contacts when you open the Contacts app on your Android phone.
3. Email Contacts from an iPhone
This option is useful when you’re trying to send just a few contacts from your iPhone to your Android device. Here’s how to backup iPhone contacts to Android with email:
- First, open the Contacts app on your iPhone.
- Then, tap the contact that you want to transfer to your Android device and select it the share option.
- Select the email client that you use, and a new email will launch in your selected app. Add other details in the email and then tap the send button.
- Finally, open the email on your Android phone and tap on the attached contact file to import this contact into the Contacts app.
That’s all. You can also check out this article on how to check the processor and speed of Android phones.
- Vizio TV Power Cord Not Working: How to Fix - October 3, 2022
- Can You Charge AirPods with a 20W Charger? Answered - September 29, 2022
- List of Universal Remote Codes for Vizio TV and Setup Guide [Updated] - September 25, 2022
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.