In this guide, you will learn how to use your iPhone camera as a Webcam on your Windows or Mac PC.
If you are one of those creators or individuals who need a webcam for their daily activities, then you can use your iPhone to get this done either for twitch, discord or any other streaming platform.
First thing you need to understand about using your iPhone camera as a webcam on PC is that this feature does not come pre-installed on the iPhone, so you will need to install an app on your phone and some software on your computer.
We’ll recommend EpocCam app which is also available on Windows and Mac OS.
How to Use Your iPhone As a Webcam
Before we get started, make sure you have connected your iPhone and computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- First, download and install the EpocCam app from the App Store here. You can start with the free version.
- Next, you’ll be promoted to install the necessary drivers for your computer once you launch the app. You can do this by selecting your operating system and then clicking on “Email me the download link” and then, tap on “Next” to start downloading the EpocCam driver.
- On the next screen, you will see the wired and wireless connection methods to link your devices. You will use the wireless method.
- EpocCam will now request access to your camera and network. You can use the toggle to give the necessary permissions and tap on “Done”.
- Once you are done installing the drivers on your computer, open the EpocCam app and it should connect to your computer automatically if they’re on the same network. You’ll have the options to switch between primary/secondary cameras and mirror the camera feed if necessary.
- Finally, make sure that EpocCam app is selected as the default camera for the app you want to use (e.g., twitch, discord, chrome).
That’s all. You can now use your iPhone as a webcam.
Also note that, there are some limitations for free users which makes it impossible to use a resolution higher than 480p. Other limitations includes lack of virtual background, or use of a wireless microphone.
- Can You Charge AirPods with a 20W Charger? Answered - September 29, 2022
- List of Universal Remote Codes for Vizio TV and Setup Guide [Updated] - September 25, 2022
- 300+ Free HD Background for Picsart and Pixellab Download - September 22, 2022
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.