In this guide, you will learn how to backup your Android phone’s text messages to your Google Drive account.
There are many reasons why you would want to back up your text messages, especially for individuals that go by their daily transactions with their texting app on Android. Since it is very easy to lose your text messages, backing them up will be the best way to recover them later on.
The process of backing up your SMS messages to your Google Drive account is so simple, but before you get started, you will need three things:
- An Android phone
- A Google Drive account
- SMS Backup& Restore apk
How to Back Up Text Messages from Android to Google Drive Account
Follow the steps below to back up Android text messages to your Google Drive account:
- First, get the SMS Backup and Restore app from the Google Play Store.
- Next, open the app and click on “Get Started.”
- Allow the SMS Backup and Restore app to access your phone.
- Next, click on “Set Up A Backup” and select messages. (You can also enable the the backup of your call logs as well.)
- Click next and select Google Drive. Other backup options include OneDrive and Dropbox.
- Whichever backup option you choose, you need to click “LOG IN” and link your account to the SMS Backup and Restore app, and then click “Save” after you have selected a folder to store your files.
- After saving your backup option, you can choose to upload over Wi-Fi or Mobile Internet.
- Click “Next” and select your backup schedule.
- Finally, click “Backup Now” and your SMS should be saved in the backup folder you selected.
That’s all. The SMS Backup and Restore app does not only allow back up of Android text messages alone. You can also include call logs in the backup process.