Table of Contents Hide
In this article, you will learn how to make a conference call on WhatsApp for free.
If you are an individual who would like to call more people at once for free, then WhatsApp is one of the best options for you. The app allows conference calling of up to 32 participants at once on a voice call without any hidden charges.
This is because voice calling on WhatsApp uses your phone’s internet connection rather than your phone’s airtime.
How to Make a Conference Call on WhatsApp For Free
You’ll learn how to make a conference call from an individual chat, CALLS tab, and group chat on WhatsApp.
1. Make a conference call from an individual chat
- First, open the individual chat on your WhatsApp.
Then, tap Voice Call or the telephone icon.
After the contact accepts the call, tap Open > Add participant.
- Finally, find another contact you want to add to the call, then tap ADD.
That’s all. You can add more contacts by tapping “Add” participant.
2. Make a conference call from a group chat
- First, open the group chat where you want to voice call.
- Tap on the phone icon.
- Find the contacts you want to add to the call, then tap Voice call.
That’s all. You can add more contacts and only group members can participate.
3. Make a conference call from the “CALLS” tab
- First, open WhatsApp and navigate to the CALLS tab.
- Initiate a new call, and then add participants.
That’s all. Group call history will always appear in the CALLS tab, and you can view individual participants from the call.
Things to note:
- After you have joined a group call, you can’t remove a contact while the call is ongoing. They’ll have to hang up their individual phones to disconnect from the call.
- It’s possible to be on a group call with someone you’ve blocked if they have been added by someone else. You can always ignore the call if you don’t want to be on the same call as the blocked contact.
- You can’t make WhatsApp calls to emergency service numbers such as 911 in the United States.