In this guide, you will learn how to recover deleted files on Google Drive.
If you have deleted a file from your Google Drive by mistake, there are methods to recover it from the trash folder. This is possible because deleted files are stored in the trash folder for 30 days before they’re automatically deleted.
This means your files have not been permanently deleted if they are sent to the trash folder, but once they leave the trash folder after the 30 day period, there is no way to recover them again.
How to Recover Deleted Files on Google Drive
You can recover deleted files on Google Drive using either the app on an Android phone, iPhone, iPad, or the desktop browser. The steps to recovering files on these platforms are slightly similar since all you have to do is locate the trash folder. Follow the steps below to recover deleted files on Google Drive.
- First, go to the Google Drive app on your mobile.
- Next, tap on the hamburger icon and click Trash.
- If you are on a computer browser, go to drive.google.com/drive/trash.
- Next, you can choose to sort your trashed files by trashed date if you are looking for a particular file to recover.
- Finally, click on the three dots icon below the file you want to recover or right-click the file you’d like to recover.
That’s all. Your file should be automatically restored to the same place it was removed from.
As mentioned above, you can only restore files from the trash within 30 days of deleting them, and this should not be a problem as long as you are the owner of the file. In a case where you are not the owner of the file, you will need to contact the owner to have them restore it.
Don't forget to leave a comment through the comment section below and also try as much as possible to share this post with your friends on various social media platforms.