In this guide, you will learn how to clean Android internal storage.
Most of the time, our phone memory gets filled up mostly after you have downloaded large files like movies, music, or apps like battle royale games. Memory is always an issue for lower-end devices that come with a few gigabytes of internal storage.
If you find yourself regularly running out of space, then you should learn how to clean android memory when this happens.
How to Clean Android Internal Storage
The storage cleaning feature comes pre-installed on Android devices, and this section of your phone shows your files and apps that are taking up storage on your phone. You can also clear out junk files from temporary app files that are taking up space on your phone.
Follow the steps below to get started:
- First, go to the Settings screen.
- Next, scroll down to find and tap Storage.
- You will see a summary of your used and available storage.
- Next, click “Manage Storage,” and you should be taken to the file cleaning section of your phone.
- Finally, select files to remove from the categories provided.
That’s all. You might see a slightly different screen depending on your Android version.
You can also open the clean section by opening the “Files app” and clicking the “Clean” tab. If you’d like to also clear app storage data and cache, you can do this with the storage option from settings.