will an Apple Watch work with an Android phone? Well, you can use an Apple Watch with an Android phone, but that doesn’t mean the Apple Watch is not compatible with Android.
Before you can consider linking your Android phone to the Apple Watch, there are some things you need to put in place.
What You’ll Need?
- An unlocked Apple Watch with LTE
- An unlocked iPhone 6 or later
- An unlocked Android smartphone
- A SIM card removal tool
- A cellular network that supports the Apple Watch
As I have mentioned earlier, these two devices are not compatible with each other, but when you set up your Watch with LTE, it will no longer require an iPhone to complete some of its primary functions.
But on the bad side, you’ll definitely lose some functionality, and the best option for an Android phone will be to get a dedicated smartwatch that’s compatible with your phone.
How to Use an Apple Watch With an Android Phone
After you must have gathered some of the things you’ll need for this guide, you can proceed:
- First, you’ll need to connect your Apple Watch with your selected iPhone device. This will help you connect it to your carrier’s LTE network.
- If you have completed the configuration, proceed to turn off your iPhone, Android phone, and Apple Watch.
- Now, use the SIM card tool to remove your SIM card from your iPhone.
- Next, insert your iPhone’s SIM card into your Android phone and then turn it on.
- After your Android phone has been powered on and is connected to your cell carrier’s network, switch on your Apple Watch.
- Your Apple Watch should now be connected to the same network as your Android phone.
That’s all. You can now use your Apple Watch to receive calls and access other available functions with your Android phone as the primary device.
If your Apple Watch is connected to an Android phone, Your previously installed apps will be able to update over a cellular connection, but you will not be able to install a new app on your watch.
This is because you need an iPhone to complete this function. My suggestion would be to get all the necessary settings completed before connecting to an Android phone.
Now, a lot of people will want to just easily pair their Android device with an Apple Watch over Bluetooth. If you have tried this or are about to, you need to know that they will not connect over Bluetooth just like many other devices.