Recently, a friend of mine asked me a question about “how to create shortcuts on my iPhone”, so I decided to write a guide on how to achieve this on your iPhone.
If you’d like to learn how to create shortcuts to automate certain tasks on your iPhone, then thanks to my friend, this guide is for you. For this guide, you won’t be installing any third-party apps because your iPhone comes with a pre-installed dedicated Shortcuts app.
The shortcut app makes it possible to have more control over what tasks you want Siri to perform at a particular time or at a later date.
So, if you would like to create automated workflows such as creating a schedule or easily looking for places nearby, then you should get started right away. Here’s how to create shortcuts on your iPhone.
How to Create Shortcuts on iPhone
Before you can create shortcuts on your iPhone, make sure your device is running iOS 13 or later. Follow the steps below to get started.
- First, open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Next, click on the Plus (+) button, which is located at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Give the shortcut a name by clicking “Shortcut Name.”
- Now, tap Add Action.
- You should see a list of available apps and actions you want to perform, alongside some suggestions based on your iPhone usage.
- Once you select an action, it will now be visible on the New Shortcut screen.
- If you’d like to add another action, swipe up on the action list and choose an action.
You can also edit the action you’ve picked by tapping on any of the highlighted actions.
- When you’re finished adding actions to your workflow, tap the close button.
- Once you are satisfied with your actions, you can press the Play button to test your workflow.
- Press Done to save your shortcut.
That’s all. You can find your saved shortcut in the My Shortcuts section of the Shortcuts app.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Green Screen Issue (In Minutes!) - November 13, 2022
- How to Connect Two Vizio Soundbars Together (Quick Guide) - November 12, 2022
- How to Fix a Vizio TV That Says No Signal (In Minutes!) - November 9, 2022