Table of Contents Hide
- Quick Fixes for your Toshiba Fire TV Problems
- Fire TV Mobile App Cannot Pair with Toshiba Fire TV
- Toshiba Fire TV Screen Black or Blank
- Toshiba Fire TV is unable to connect to WiFi
- Trouble Streaming Media on Toshiba Fire TV
- 4K UHD Not Working on Fire TV
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Problem Causing Tiny Icons and Zoomed Out Home Screen
- Display Fades to Bars When Turned ON
- Playback Audio Not Audible on Toshiba Fire TV
- Issues With the Fire TV Remote
- Final Words
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix any of the Toshiba Fire TV problems you might have come across while using the service.
The Toshiba Fire TV has one of the best streaming capabilities in these modern times. Over the years, Toshiba gadgets have built a reputation as reliable services that can serve users without issues.
Although you get to enjoy a great display alongside many other features, that doesn’t mean that they are the best choice for a TV. There are always problems that come about for many other TVs, not just the Toshiba Fire TV.
Most Toshiba Fire TV problems or issues can be solved by updating the firmware to a more recent version, doing a quick refresh or reset of the TV, or by formatting the TV to its default factory settings.
A quick look at the settings can also fix issues related to display, sound, the internet, or peripheral devices.
I’ll be providing a detailed guide that will help you fix your Toshiba Fire TV problems with ease.
Quick Fixes for your Toshiba Fire TV Problems
Before I go into individual Toshiba Fire TV problems and solutions, let’s look at a general fix that will solve any issue you face while handling your device. Whether the issue is with the display or power, these solutions will yield a remarkable result.
Simple fixes like refreshing, resetting, and updating are all crucial in solving most of your Toshiba Fire TV problems. Follow any of the methods below to get started.
1. Update your Toshiba Fire TV
An update is one of the best ways to fix your Toshiba Fire TV problems associated with bugs and errors.
Updating your TV’s firmware to the latest available version can fix certain bugs and errors that were caused by the previous version. It is always advisable to be on the lookout for updates.
This is because manufacturers like Toshiba are constantly searching for those bugs and errors and fixing them with a new update to protect your device.
Follow the steps below to update your Toshiba Fire TV.
- First, open the Settings tab.
- Next, select the “System/Device & Software” option.
- Now, click on About, and then select the Software version option.
- From here, select the “Check for System Update” option to scan for new updates.
- Finally, install the updates.
That’s all. After you have installed the update, you can now restart the system.
2. Restart Your Toshiba Fire TV
Restarting the system is another way of fixing your Toshiba Fire TV issues. This method has proven efficient in fixing green screen issues on Toshiba Fire TV.
There are different ways to restart your Toshiba Fire TV. One will be through the power cycle, while the other is through the sys interface.
For the power cycle method of restarting your Toshiba Fire TV:
- First, unplug the Toshiba Fire TV from the power supply and leave it idle for some minutes.
- Next, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Do this a couple of times to help the system get rid of any piled-up charges.
- Now, plug back in the power and turn ON your Toshiba Fire TV.
To restart your Toshiba Fire TV from the system interface, follow the steps below.
- First, go to the Settings menu, and then select the System/Device & Software option.
- Now, select Restart and confirm the selection.
That’s all. If you are having issues with your display, then you can use your remote to restart the Toshiba Fire TV.
To do this, just press and hold the Play button and the Select button together for a few seconds and wait until the TV turns OFF and ON again.
3. Reset your Toshiba Fire TV to Factory Settings
A factory reset will revert your system to its initial factory settings, so this is another good idea to get rid of errors.
This process will wipe all of your personal settings, configurations, and apps. Just think of it as resetting your Toshiba Fire TV to its initial status before you started using it.
You should also take note of the fact that this process might take some time to be completed. Follow the steps below to factory reset your Toshiba Fire TV.
- First, from the Settings tab, click on the Device & Software option.
- Next, select the Reset to factory defaults option, and then proceed to click on the Reset option.
- Finally, confirm the reset selection to start the process.
That’s all. Once the process is completed, you’ll need to set up your TV from scratch once again.
Now let’s look at each Toshiba Fire TV’s individual problems and how to fix them.
Fire TV Mobile App Cannot Pair with Toshiba Fire TV
The best part of the Toshiba Fire TV is its mobile app, which extends the capabilities of your TV. If your Fire TV mobile app has suddenly stopped responding, you might experience issues pairing it with the TV.
If this happens, there are some solutions you can try, like restarting both your phone and the TV or uninstalling and re-installing the app on your phone.
If you have tried restarting both the phone and TV and both devices are still not paired, then you can proceed with the uninstall option. The uninstalling process will clear all the app data and files so that when you reinstall it, all previous data will be wiped.
Follow the steps below to uninstall the Fire TV app on your Android and iPhone.
- First, go to the Settings app on your phone.
- Next, click on Apps & Notifications.
- Now, search for the Fire TV app and open the menu.
- Finally, click on Uninstall and confirm this action.
That’s all. You can also long press the Fire TV app icon from your phone’s homescreen and select Uninstall.
- First, search for the Fire TV app on the home screen.
- Next, hold down the icon for a second or so.
- Now, select the Remove option from the drop-down menu.
That’s all. You can now proceed to reinstall the app after the uninstall process is completed.
Toshiba Fire TV Screen Black or Blank
If something is wrong with your display, then the screen will suddenly go black or blank. The Toshiba Fire TV is well known for its high display quality, and although this display is great, you can sometimes face issues with blank screens.
There are some solutions to solve your Toshiba Fire TV screen problems, and these solutions can be found in the cables or the display itself.
You should first check to see if there is a loose power connection on your Toshiba Fire TV, and also make sure it is connected properly.
The next thing you will want to do is check the screen brightness by increasing the level by a considerable amount. If you still can’t see any images, check the resolution of your Toshiba Fire TV.
You can change your Toshiba Fire TV resolution with your remote control. All you have to do is press and hold the Up and the Rewind buttons for a few seconds.
Toshiba Fire TV is unable to connect to WiFi
Your Wi-Fi connection is essentially needed if you want to enjoy the full functionality of your Toshiba Fire TV. Smart TVs need a good internet connection to access most features, so experiencing a connection issue is definitely a problem.
Although you can always choose to use the wired method to connect your TV to the internet, the wireless method is much more preferred.
So, if your TV shows the “No Internet Connection” error, you can solve this by either restarting your modem, moving your modem closer, or changing your bandwidth.
Restart your Router
If possible, you should check the speed and latency of the network before restarting the router.
You can restart your router through the power cycle method by unplugging it from the power source, then pressing and holding any button on the modem/router for a few seconds.
After that, you’ll plug the router/modem back into the power source.
Move the Router Closer
It can be possible that your internet is not connecting because your router isn’t far from your TV. Move the router closer and see if the connection happens. If it still doesn’t connect, check the next tip below.
Change to a Higher Bandwidth
Your router may be able to cover a large area with the traditional 2.4 GHz WiFi band, but as more users are active on the network, the speed and latency drop.
If there are more users on your network, then you should consider switching to a superior 5GHz band.
This will improve the speed and also accommodate a higher number of users. Follow the steps below to switch the Wi-Fi connection on your Toshiba Fire TV.
- First, go to the Settings tab and look for the Network option.
- Next, from the Wireless networks list, click on the 5GHz band network.
- Finally, enter your password and proceed.
You can always connect to the internet using the wired method.
Trouble Streaming Media on Toshiba Fire TV
What is the use of a smart TV without its streaming functionality? The answer is simply limited functionality of the smart TV.
If you are having trouble streaming your favorite shows on the Toshiba Fire TV, you should check the network and also the app.
You can fix some issues with streaming apps by logging out and re-logging in again, and also by clearing the app cache memory. Follow the steps below to clear the app cache memory on the Toshiba Fire TV.
- First, go to the Settings tab, and then open the Applications menu.
- Next, click on the “Manage installed Applications” option, and select the particular streaming app.
- Now, click on the Force Stop option, and then proceed to select the Clear Cache and Clear Data options.
- Finally, restart the TV and the app should be working fine now.
Trouble Pairing Bluetooth Devices with the Toshiba Fire TV
Pairing your Toshiba Fire TV to external devices like speakers, keyboards, and peripherals, has been made easier with the Bluetooth feature on your smart TV.
If you are having trouble pairing Bluetooth devices with your Toshiba Fire TV, there are a few fixes you could try. You should first make sure the Bluetooth device is within range of your TV and is ready to pair.
Next, you should refresh the Bluetooth connections on the Toshiba Fire TV.
- First, go to the Settings tab, click and open the “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices” option.
- Now, select the Bluetooth device and click on the delete/unpair/remove option.
- After that, you can restart the device and start the pairing process again.
4K UHD Not Working on Fire TV
4K UHD offers a picture-perfect display, and this function comes with almost all modern smart TVs.
If you’re having trouble streaming and watching content in 4K, then it is possible you’re using an inferior HDMI cable.
In this case, you should get an HDMI cable that supports higher transfer speeds.
How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Problem Causing Tiny Icons and Zoomed Out Home Screen
If you are facing issues with the Home screen zoomed out of proportion with tiny icons on your Toshiba Fire TV, then this is definitely a resolution issue.
You can fix this problem by cycling through your results settings.
You can change your resolution when you press and hold the Up and Rewind buttons on your Fire TV remote for a few seconds.
Display Fades to Bars When Turned ON
In most cases, you might experience some green bars popping up on your screen while watching content or switching ON the display. You can fix this issue by adjusting your frame rate or resolution.
Follow the steps below to change the display features on your Toshiba Fire TV.
- First, go to the Settings tab, and then select the Display & Sound option.
- Next, click on the Display option to view the settings for your display.
- Adjust these settings, and then check if the issue is resolved.
Always restart the TV after making changes to your Toshiba Fire TV settings.
Playback Audio Not Audible on Toshiba Fire TV
You can face audio playback issues on Toshiba Fire TV, and this can be really frustrating. There is always a fix.
It is possible that you might have tampered with the sound settings of your TV. You should check and also reset the audio settings on your Fire TV.
- From the Settings menu, open the Display & Sound option.
- Now, select the Sound option, and then Advanced Settings.
- Finally, revert those settings to default and restart the TV.
That’s all. You should also check the TV speakers from the Sound Settings option. Follow the above steps until you get to Sound Settings, and make sure the TV speakers are turned ON.
Issues With the Fire TV Remote
Romotes are the best way to navigate through devices like your TV easily. You can always face pairing issues with your TV remote, and there is no need to worry.
The first thing you should do is make sure there is no obstruction between the TV and the remote.
You can also try to remove multiple paired remotes and start the pairing process again.
Remove Multiple Paired Remotes
- First, go to the Settings menu, and select the “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices” option.
- Next, select the Amazon Fire TV remotes option.
- Now, click on the Remote to unpair.
- Finally, click on the unpair/remove/delete option to proceed.
That’s all. Now you can restart the device, and then press and hold the Home button on the remote to start the pairing process again.
Now you have learnt about some of the Toshiba Fire TV problems and how to fix them. You will notice that most of the fixes for your Fire TV issues will be solved by restarting and updating your Toshiba Fire TV, as well as adjusting some display and sound settings.
If you feel that you can’t handle these steps by yourself, you can always contact someone with more experience to handle them. You can also call in an expert from Amazon or Toshiba for further assistance.
- Vizio TV Power Cord Not Working: How to Fix - October 3, 2022
- Can You Charge AirPods with a 20W Charger? Answered - September 29, 2022
- List of Universal Remote Codes for Vizio TV and Setup Guide [Updated] - September 25, 2022
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.