Table of Contents Hide
- Wyze Camera Not Recording Events: 9 Workarounds
- 1. Enable Event Recording in the Wyze App
- 2. Check for Wyze Updates
- 3. Check Motion and Camera Rules Event Recordings on Wyze
- 4. Increase the Motion and Sound Detection Sensitivity
- 5. Disable Detection Zones
- 6. Decrease the Recording Cooldown Time
- 7. Check your Router’s Signal Strength
- 8. Reset Your Router
- 9. Reset Your Wyze Device
- Final Words
- Frequently Asked Questions about Wyze Camera
Why is my wyze camera not recording events? Well, we’ll be sharing 9 workarounds that will fix this issue in no time.
If you are facing the Wyze Camera not recording events issue, the solution will be to enable event recording from the Wyze app and also check for device updates. Increase the motion and sound detection sensitivity feature from the settings section. If the issue still persists, try checking your router’s signal strength and also resetting the router. If none of the above methods work, try to hard reset the Wyze device.
Wyze Cams are known for their event recording capabilities, but if for some reason yours suddenly stops doing that, then this article will help you resolve the problem.
Wyze Camera Not Recording Events: 9 Workarounds
Follow the methods below to learn how to fix a Wyze cam not recording events.
1. Enable Event Recording in the Wyze App
It is possible that you have not enabled event recording in your Wyze app to allow the camera to record events whenever it detects motion. This feature is not enabled by default on your Wyze Camera, so you should make sure it is active.
You can follow the steps below to check and enable event recording in the Wyze app.
- First, open the Wyze app on your device.
- Select your Wyze Outdoor Camera on the home screen.
- Next, from the upper right corner of the screen, tap on the Settings icon, and select Event Recording.
- Now, check whether the button beside the Detects Motions tab is in the ON position. If it is not turned on, you’ll have to toggle it ON to enable event recording.
- Finally, go to the Schedule tab under Event Recording and select All Day.
That’s all. Setting your event recording schedule to “All Day” ensures your Wyze Cam doesn’t miss any events.
2. Check for Wyze Updates
If you have tried the previous step and the issue is not yet resolved, then you can proceed to update your Wyze device.
It is possible that there is a bug or error capable of causing event recording problems. That’s why there is always an update to fix this issue.
Updating your system regularly can help you be up to date with recent changes in the security and settings of your Wyze devices.
Follow the steps below to update your Wyze device:
- First, open the Wyze app on your phone, and tap on the Account icon. You can find it towards the top of the app screen.
- Next, scroll down to the Device List tab, and look for the update option next to the name of your Wyze device.
- Now, click on the option to update your Wyze device.
- Finally, close the app and launch it again to check if the issue is not resolved.
That’s all. If you can’t find the update option next to your Wyze device from the app, then yours is up to date, so no update is required.
After a Wyze Cam update, all the other accessories connected to the Cam will also be updated, so other issues like the Wyze spotlight not working should be resolved.
3. Check Motion and Camera Rules Event Recordings on Wyze
Most of the time, your Wyze Camera might not be recording events because there are some rules that prevent it from doing so.
This rule list on Wyze helps you control how the camera should function, and this includes if it should use the event recording feature or not. This is simply because there are two particular rules that, if enabled, can stop your Wyze camera from recording events.
These rules are “Turn Off Motion Detection” and “Turn Off Camera.”
The “Turn OFF Motion” rule deactivates the motion detection feature, which means no motion-triggered event recordings will happen. While the “Turn OFF Camera” rule deactivates the camera.
You should make sure both these rules are disabled. Follow the steps below to view and edit the rules list on the Wyze app.
- First, open the Wyze app, then from the app Home tab, click on the […] icon.
- Next, find and open the Add/Edit Rules option.
- Now, from the list, make sure that the “Turn OFF Motion Detection” and the “Turn OFF the Camera” rules are disabled.
That’s all. If they are disabled, you can now exit the menu tab and refresh the Wyze device. Check if the issue is now resolved, if not proceed to the next method.
4. Increase the Motion and Sound Detection Sensitivity
If your Wyze Camera is still not working, then your motion and sound detection sensitivity might be low. If the sound and motion detection of your Wyze Outdoor Camera is set to low, the device will only detect and record large motion events like someone running or jumping.
This means the device will have difficulty detecting when someone is walking or sneaking around. You’ll need to adjust the sensitivity, but with caution.
Too much sensitivity can cause the device to pick up some irrelevant events, like a strong breeze or the gentle rustle of leaves from a tree.
Follow the steps below to adjust the sensitivity of your Wyze devices.
- First, open the Wyze app on your phone/tablet and select your Wyze device.
- Next, click on the Settings icon, and then select Motion Detection Settings.
- Now, move the sensitivity bar on the Motion Detection Settings tab to High. You can adjust the sensitivity to your liking.
- Proceed to also set the “Set Detection Distance” of the Camera option to Far, and also the “Set Image Sensitivity” option to High.
- Finally, exit the menu and refresh the Wyze device.
5. Disable Detection Zones
The problem of your Wyze camera not recording events can happen if the events are happening outside the detection zones of your camera.
The detection zone feature works by limiting the focus of the detection triggers to designated zones within the picture frame. This means that the camera will not pick up events that happen outside the zone.
You can remove this limit by disabling detection zones in the device. Follow the steps below to disable the detection zone in your Wyze app.
- First, from the Wyze app, select your device and tap on the Settings icon.
- Next, open Detection Settings and select the Detection Zone option.
- Now, toggle off the option to disable it.
- Finally, close the Wyze app and restart it again.
6. Decrease the Recording Cooldown Time
If your Wyze camera is still not recording certain events, then it can be caused by the long recording cooldown time. The Recording Cooldown time simply means the interval in which the cam takes to pause between successive events.
This is one of the pros of being a Wyze Cam Plus subscriber. You can configure the cooldown time to about 1 min if you have the premium subscription.
Without this subscription, your default cool-down period will be 5 mins. If you’re a Wyze Cam plus subscriber, follow the steps below to change the cooldown period to 1 minute.
- First, select your Wyze Outdoor Cam from your Wyze app home screen.
- Next, click on the Settings icon, and select Event Recording.
- Now, tap Recording Cooldown.
- Finally, click on “1 min” to reduce the Recording Cooldown time of your camera to 1 minute.
7. Check your Router’s Signal Strength
If your Wyze Camera is not receiving enough signal from your router, then it might fail to record some events. You can solve this by moving your router closer to the camera.
You can check if your camera’s signal strength is low from the Wyze app. Follow the steps below.
- First, open the Wyze app on your phone.
- Next, select your Wyze Camera, and tap on the Settings icon.
- If there are three full signal bars, then your Wyze Camera has strong signal strength. But if it is less than three bars, then the signal is low.
You should make sure the space between your router and camera is 30 feet. This way, it’ll be easier to get your Wi-Fi signal to your camera.
8. Reset Your Router
If you tried the previous method and it didn’t improve your low signal strength, then you can proceed to reset your router to fix any connectivity problems.
You can do this by unplugging your router from the power outlet and plugging it back in after a minute or so.
9. Reset Your Wyze Device
If you have tried all the troubleshooting tips above and the problem still continues, you can also do a hard reset of your Wyze camera.
This will set it back to its default settings. Follow the steps below to hard reset your Wyze camera.
- First, open the Wyze app and go to the Settings menu.
- Next, click on “reset factory settings” under the reset menu.
- Finally, you can now reconnect with the app.
These troubleshooting tips should be able to fix the Wyze camera not recording events error in no time.
If you are still not able to resolve issues at this point, or you feel there is a hardware issue, it is best to call the customer service of Wyze for assistance. But if this article was helpful, you can also share it with your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions about Wyze Camera
What is the Wyze Camera?
Wyze is known for its indoor and outdoor cameras to strengthen home security. Wyze also sells other accessories, but their popularity is with their cameras.
They offer wired cameras, wireless cameras, and lighting cameras.
Where are Wyze events stored?
There are two options to store Wyze events. The first is locally through a memory card, while the other is through its cloud storage with Amazon’s AWS cloud solutions.
Does Wyze record all the time?
You can enable continuous recording on your Wyze device by adding a memory card.
How long does Wyze Cam plus keep recordings?
The Wyze cam plus subscription allows you to change the cooldown time from 12 seconds up to 5 minutes. This means your Wyze cam plus has more record speed. Your Wyze cam plus can record full events stored on the cloud for 2 weeks with no cooldown.
- Vizio TV Power Cord Not Working: How to Fix - October 3, 2022
- Can You Charge AirPods with a 20W Charger? Answered - September 29, 2022
- List of Universal Remote Codes for Vizio TV and Setup Guide [Updated] - September 25, 2022
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.