In the guide, you’ll learn how to leave a voicemail without calling on iPhone.
Have you ever wanted to leave a voicemail without calling someone on your iPhone? If that is the case, then you are on the right page. Sending a voicemail without calling is not an impossible task, although there are other means of contacting someone, like texting.
But most of the time, you’ll want to pass that message to the other person through a voice medium to show the emotion and inflection of your voice.
You can leave a voicemail without calling on iPhone by using either the message app, memo app, or a third party app.
If you’d like to send a voicemail to someone without having their phone ring, that person will only receive a notification. Let’s look at the ways to send a voicemail on your iPhone without calling in the next section.
How to Leave a Voicemail Without Calling on iPhone
1. Use the Messages App to Send a Voicemail
The Messages app is the first app that comes up when you think about sending a voicemail without calling. By using the voice message feature on the app, you can leave someone a voice message without calling them.
Follow the steps below to send a voice message using the Messages app.
- First, open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the New Message icon on the top right, but if you already have a conversation with your recipient, you can just open it.
- Now, tap and hold the audio icon found on the right side of the text message field. You’ll then speak your message while holding the icon.
- Once you are done, release your finger. You can use the play button icon on the right to hear your message and the X on the left to cancel the message.
- Finally, tap the up arrow on the right to send your voice message to your recipient.
That’s all. The recipient can now listen to your voice message once they receive it. There are some factors to consider before sending a voice message on the Messages app, and they are;
- You can only send voice messages among iPhone users through the Messages app. This means it won’t work when sent to other smartphones, like Android.
- There is an expiration limit on the audio messages after you listen to them. This means your recipient will no longer have the audio message if they listen to it without tapping the “Keep” button.
You can check out the guide Where Do Saved Audio Messages Go on iPhone? to learn where and how to save audio messages.
If you’re faced with either of these factors, like sending to an Android device, then you should proceed to the next step.
2. Use Voice Memos to Send a Voicemail
The Voice Memos app allows you to send out audio notes, even to Android users. This is the best alternative to the Messages app on iPhone.
- First, open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap the red Record button at the bottom and speak your message.
- once you’re done, tap the red Stop button.
- Now, your recorded audio note will appear at the top section of the screen. Tap on the Play button to listen to your recording.
- Tap on the three dots next to the recording, and select “Share.”
- You’ll see different sharing options. Choose the messages app to send your audio note as a message.
That’s all. You can share by using other available options.
3. Use Third Party App to Send a Voicemail
The third and final option will be to use a third-party app known as Slydial. The app is available for both iOS and Android users.
Slydial works by connecting you directly to the recipient’s voicemail. This means you can leave a voicemail without calling the person.
The app is available for free and with a premium subscription, but the free version is perfectly adequate. Follow the steps below to leave a voicemail without calling using Slydial.
- First, download and install Slydial from your App Store.
- Next, create an account and log into the app.
- Now, dial 267-SLYDIAL from the phone app on your phone.
- When prompted, enter the recipient’s phone number, and then leave your message.
That’s all. You should note that Slydial only works if you’re calling a mobile phone.
At this point, you have learned how to leave a voicemail without calling on iPhone. Which of these methods worked best for you? Let us know in the comments.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Black Screen With Sound Issue - December 9, 2022
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Green Screen Issue (In Minutes!) - November 13, 2022
- How to Connect Two Vizio Soundbars Together (Quick Guide) - November 12, 2022