Smart TVs like Vizio TVs come with a remote control prepackaged with the TV to make navigation a lot easier. But what if there were other ways to control your Vizio TV without a remote?
If you own a Vizio TV, you can turn it on without a remote by using the buttons on the body of the television, the Vizio SmartCast mobile app on your Android or iOS device, or through gaming consoles like a PlayStation or a Nintendo Switch.
In the following sections, I’ll go over each of the ways to turn on your Vizio TV without a remote in greater detail.
How to Turn On Vizio TV without Remote
Follow your preferred method below to turn on your TV without a remote control.
Using Television Buttons
All Vizio Smart TVs have physical buttons either on the front, side, or back, and there is a specified turn-on button alongside buttons for other functions.
Once you find this button, you can use it to turn on your TV without a remote. You can also refer to your TV’s manual for the exact location of these buttons on your TV.
Using Vizio Mobile App
You can use the Vizio SmartCast app that is available on the Play Store and the App Store to turn on your TV and also control other functions you would normally do with a remote.
Here’s how to turn on your Vizio TV with the SmartCast app.
- First, download the Vizio Mobile App from the Play Store or Apple Store.
- Next, open the app and go to Devices.
- From the top right corner, click on “Add.”
- Now, hold your phone close to your Vizio TV and select your TV from the list on the app to pair it with the TV.
- After the pairing process is completed, click the Control icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, click on the power button on the remote control layout from the app.
If you can’t find your Vizio TV in the list of devices to be paired, make sure your phone and TV are connected to the Wi-Fi network.
That’s all. Please note the Vizio mobile app only works for Vizio SmartCast TVs. This means you won’t use this app with Vizio models released before 2015.
You can try other third-party remote control apps on your smartphone if you’re using an older model Vizio TV.
Using Gaming Consoles
You can turn on your Vizio TV when it is connected to gaming consoles like the PlayStation and Nintendo Switch. Here’s how.
- First, connect your PlayStation console to your Vizio TV using an HDMI cable.
- Next, go to Settings > System on your console.
- Finally, tick the “Enable HDMI Device Link” checkbox.
That’s all. Your Vizio TV will now turn on whenever you turn on your console.
- First, get your Nintendo Switch connected to your Vizio TV using the dock.
- Next, go to System Settings > TV Settings on your Nintendo.
- Finally, from the TV Settings, turn on the “Match TV Power State” option.
That’s all. You’ll now be able to turn on your Vizio by holding down the home button on your Nintendo Switch controller.
At this point, you now know how to turn on a Vizio TV without a remote with three different methods.
If you have finally turned on your TV without a remote, I’d like to know the method that worked for you. Check out the FAQ section below for answers to your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t my Nintendo Switch connect to my Vizio TV?
If your Nintendo Switch won’t connect to your TV, then you should make sure you have plugged in the cables in the correct order.
You should connect the power adapter first, followed by the HDMI cord, and it should work perfectly as long as the HDMI cable is not faulty.
Why won’t my Nintendo Switch turn on my TV?
If your Switch won’t turn on your TV, then it is likely that the HDMI-CEC feature on your TV is disabled. This feature is always enabled by default on some TVs, but you can always head to the system settings on your TV and enable the HDMI-CEC option.
You can find the physical buttons on the lower left backside or lower right backside of your Vizio TV.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Black Screen With Sound Issue - December 9, 2022
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Green Screen Issue (In Minutes!) - November 13, 2022
- How to Connect Two Vizio Soundbars Together (Quick Guide) - November 12, 2022