If you own a Sony TV and you recently bought a Vizio soundbar, or you’re about to buy one, then it’ll be nice to know if the Vizio brand soundbar will work with your TV.
Will Vizio Soundbar work with Sony TV? Yes, a Vizio soundbar will work with a Sony TV as long as both devices have the same connection type, like HDMI, Optical cable, or Bluetooth.
Choosing a soundbar brand for your TV can be very difficult due to the fact that there are different brands to choose from. But most of the time, the brand does not matter when choosing a gadget as long as it serves its purpose.
The methods for connecting a Vizio soundbar to a TV will still work on a Sony TV, but the steps might be slightly different depending on your Sony TV model.
In the following sections, I’ll go over the steps involved in connecting a Vizio soundbar to a Sony TV.
How to Connect a Vizio Soundbar to a Sony TV
Follow the guides below to connect your Vizio soundbar to a Sony TV with your preferred mode of connection.
Connect using HDMI (ARC)
You can connect your Vizio soundbar to a Sony TV using HDMI ARC. You can confirm if your TV supports the Audio Return Channel (ARC) function by checking for the ARC label.
If your TV doesn’t have this label, then the ARC function won’t work. Here’s how to connect a Vizio soundbar to a Sony TV using HDMI ARC.
- First, connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN (ARC) port on your TV.
- Next, connect the other end to the TV OUT (ARC) port on your Vizio soundbar.
- Turn on both your TV and soundbar.
- Finally, from your TV settings, go to “Audio” and switch the audio output setting from TV to audio system.
Connect using HDMI and Optical digital audio cable
- First, connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN port on your TV.
- Next, connect the other end of the cable to the TV OUT (ARC) port on your sound bar.
- Connect an optical audio cable from the TV’s Optical digital audio out to the OPTICAL IN port on your sound bar.
- Turn on both devices.
- Then, from the audio settings, switch the audio output setting from TV to audio system.
That’s all. It is necessary to use both the HDMI and optical cables since the optical cable allows you to hear the TV audio, while the HDMI cable enables functions like volume control with the TV remote.
Connect using Bluetooth
If you own a Vizio soundbar that supports Bluetooth connectivity, you can connect it to a Sony TV wirelessly. Here’s how.
- First, press the HOME button on the TV remote.
- Next, go to Settings and select Bluetooth settings.
- Finally, select Add device and find your soundbar from the list of available Bluetooth devices to pair.
Make sure your soundbar input is set to Bluetooth.
At this point, you know that a Vizio soundbar will work with a Sony TV, and you have also learned how to connect both devices together.
If you have other questions that need answers, you can check the FAQ section below or use the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Vizio soundbars work with other TVs?
Yes, a Vizio soundbar will work with any TV that has corresponding connection types like optical, HDMI, Bluetooth, etc.
Does a Sony TV need a soundbar?
Having a soundbar connected to your Sony TV is optional, but it is recommended for improved audio quality. If you choose not to have a soundbar connected to your Sony TV, then the Acoustic Surface Audio+ is a good option.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Black Screen With Sound Issue - December 9, 2022
- How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Green Screen Issue (In Minutes!) - November 13, 2022
- How to Connect Two Vizio Soundbars Together (Quick Guide) - November 12, 2022