Last Updated on October 10, 2022 by Louis Ojibe
If you recently purchased a Vizio Soundbar and are unsure how to connect it to your TV, this guide will walk you through the steps involved in connecting a Vizio Soundbar to a TV with and without HDMI.
The Soundbar is a good pick if you’re looking for an all-in-one speaker system that won’t take up much space but still be able to deliver high-quality TV sound.
If you have connected your TV to a soundbar, all of the audio output will be transmitted through the soundbar at a more enjoyable quality.
As I mentioned above, this guide will cover how to connect a Vizio soundbar to a TV with HDMI and also without HDMI, like wirelessly through Bluetooth or with a different cable like the RCA cable.
How to Connect a Vizio Soundbar to a TV With HDMI
The most commonly preferred option for connecting a Vizio Soundbar to a TV is the HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) option.
HDMI ARC allows you to enjoy audio from your TV to the soundbar at the highest quality possible. Connecting your Vizio soundbar with HDMI also allows you to control the soundbar using your TV remote.
Here’s how to connect a Vizio soundbar to a TV with HDMI ARC.
- First, find the HDMI ARC (HDMI 1) port on the back of your TV and connect one end of the HDMI cable to it.
- Next, find the HDMI ARC port on the back of your Vizio soundbar and connect the other end of the HDMI cable to it.
- Connect your soundbar to a power source.
- Now, use the soundbar remote to set the input to HDMI.
- From the TV menu, select “Audio” and change the Audio Out option to Digital or Bitstream.
- Go back to your TV’s main menu and select “System”.
- Finally, from the list of options, turn on “CEC,” and select “Device discovery.”
That’s all. Your Vizio soundbar should now be connected to your TV.
These steps are for Vizio TVs and might be different for other models, but you’ll still need to follow the same process.
How to Connect a Vizio soundbar to TV without HDMI
You are not limited to only using the HDMI cable to connect your soundbar to TV.
You can also use Bluetooth or an RCA cable to connect the vizio soundbar to the TV. Here’s how.
How to Connect a Vizio Soundbar to a TV With RCA Cable
An RCA cable is the popular red and white cable that goes into the “Audio Out” port on your TV.
Follow the steps below to connect your Vizio Soundbar using an RCA/Analog cable:
- First, find the audio out port on the back of your TV and connect one end of the RCA cable. Make sure they go into their specified color ports.
- Next, find the “Audio Out” or “AUX” port on your soundbar and connect the other end of the RCA cable to it.
- Connect your soundbar to a power source.
- Now, from the soundbar remote, press the input button and change to “AUX.”
- From the TV menu, select “Audio” and turn off the TV speaker. This option will prevent any interference between the TV speaker and soundbar.
- Finally, still in the audio settings,
you can change the Analog Audio Out setting to Fixed or Variable. The variable option will allow you to control your soundbar volume with your TV remote, while the fixed option is the opposite, meaning that your soundbar volume will only be controlled by your soundbar.
How to Connect a Vizio Soundbar to a TV With Bluetooth
If you are among the many soundbar users that prefer to connect wirelessly, then the Bluetooth option is the best option to use.
Although almost all Vizio soundbar models are Bluetooth compatible, you can still check your soundbar’s Bluetooth compatibility using the manufacturer’s guide.
- First, connect your soundbar to a power source.
- Next, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the soundbar to enable pairing mode. You can also press the Bluetooth button on your soundbar remote.
- From the TV menu, go to the Bluetooth settings and turn on the Bluetooth option, and make sure it is discoverable.
- Finally, select your soundbar from the TV’s Bluetooth pairing menu to complete the process.
At this point, you now know how to connect the Vizio soundbar to your TV with HDMI/RCA cables and also wirelessly.
If you have successfully connected your soundbar to your TV, I’ll like to know which of these methods you used.
The process involved in connecting a soundbar to a TV is quite similar for cable connections, as long as both devices have specified ports that the cables go into.
If your TV model doesn’t have Bluetooth, you can still purchase a Bluetooth transmitter that’s plugged into your TV. This way, you’ll be able to connect your TV to other devices wirelessly.
If you’re running into issues with your Vizio soundbar that might be internal, then you can contact Vizio’s customer support team for a solution.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Find an Instagram Account by Phone Number - February 5, 2023
- How to Find a Twitter Account by Email or Phone Number - February 4, 2023
- Why is One of my AirPods Not Working? Best Ways to Fix it - February 4, 2023