Last Updated on February 4, 2023 by Louis Ojibe
In this guide, you’ll learn how to find a Twitter account by email or phone number, even if you don’t know the handle.
You have finally joined the large community of Twitter users, but you’d like to get new followers or possibly follow your friends who are already on the app. It can be very stressful to start asking for their handles. You can imagine asking up to 2000 friends for their handles. Sounds stressful, right? There is no need to be concerned because there is a much easier and faster way to obtain their handles as long as you have their contact information.
Yes, it is possible to find your friends and family on Twitter by using their email address or phone number. The best part is that you don’t need to ask them for their handle, as long as you have their contact details on your device.
Find a Twitter Account by Email or Phone Number
If you would like to get connected with people on Twitter through their email addresses or phone numbers, follow the steps below on your Android or iOS device.
- First, launch the Twitter app on your device.
- Swipe right or click on your profile icon to open the menu.
- From the bottom of the menu, tap on “Settings and Privacy.”
- Next, tap on Privacy and safety, and then scroll down and click on Discoverability and Contacts.
- Now, enable Sync address book contacts to allow Twitter to identify all your contacts that have a Twitter account.
That’s all. Make sure to grant Twitter permission to access your contacts if prompted.
Searching for Contacts on Twitter
On the Discoverability and Contacts screen, you’ll notice that you have the options to enable or disable the find by email and find by phone number features. So, you’ll only find your friends by contact if they have enabled it in their accounts.
You can always use the search bar on Twitter to search for people by name and filter it to people near you. To do this, type in a name on the search bar, then on the results page click on “people,” and then click on the filter icon beside the search bar and select “Near you” in the location section. You’ll need to enable your location to be able to see people near you.
How to Find a Twitter Account that Changed Their Username
There is no official one-click way to find a Twitter account that has changed its username. But there are some steps that can help you be aware of future username changes.
This is possible by saving the Twitter ID associated with the account. The unique ID for each Twitter account makes it possible to find the account in the future even after they have changed their names or username. Follow the steps below to learn how to find a Twitter account ID:
- First, copy this URL and paste it in a text editor. https://twitter.com/intent/user?user_id=
- Next, go to http://tweeterid.com/ or any other reliable Twitter user ID translator app, and enter the current username of the account you want to view after they change their username in the future.
- Now, copy the ID number from the app and add it to the end of the URL you copied earlier. For example, our username “Crowd24ng” has the ID 802867764822212608.
- This makes the URL https://twitter.com/intent/user?user_id=802867764822212608
- Now, copy the complete URL and paste it in your browser. Notice that you’ll be redirected to the user’s Twitter account even if their username is different.
You can bookmark the URL to access it anytime you want, as long as the account is still active.
At this point, you now know how to find a Twitter account by email or phone number. You can also recommend this guide to your friends if you found this helpful.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Find an Instagram Account by Phone Number - February 5, 2023
- How to Find a Twitter Account by Email or Phone Number - February 4, 2023
- Why is One of my AirPods Not Working? Best Ways to Fix it - February 4, 2023