Last Updated on January 14, 2023 by Louis Ojibe
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix Toshiba Fire TV green screen issue.
Smart TVs like Toshiba Fire TV are known for their great display alongside many other features. Most of the time, you might encounter issues with your display like the green screen issue.
If you’re experiencing green screen issues on your Toshiba Fire TV, the issue is mostly caused by the cables connected to the TV or by the frame rate or resolution settings.
You can fix green screen issues by refreshing your Toshiba Fire TV, checking the cables connected to the Fire TV, or adjusting specific screen settings.
In the following sections below, I’ll go over the solutions mentioned above in greater detail.
How to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Green Screen Issue
Check the Cable Connections to the Fire TV
The first thing you should do if you’re experiencing green screens and bars popping up abruptly on Toshiba Fire TV is to inspect your cable connections, irrespective of the type of cable.
You should make sure you’re not using substandard cables from untrusted manufacturers on your TV since these types of cables can cause problems in the long run.
If you have connected a broadcast or streaming device to your TV using HDMI, composite, or coaxial cables, you should make sure these cables are from a trusted manufacturer and are capable of handling the task they are required for.
It is advisable to use an HDMI 2.0 cable for streaming devices since it offers faster, higher resolution content sharing functionality.
Here’s how to inspect your cables for fault.
- First, turn off your Toshiba Fire TV.
- Next, disconnect power to your TV by turning of the power outlet.
- Inspect the cables connected to the TV. You should be on the lookout for burns, kinks, and openings on your cables since they might affect functionality and cause issues.
- Check if the cables are connected to the right ports.
If you discover that your any of your cables have fault, the only solution is to get it replaced.
Update your Toshiba Fire TV
An update is one of the best ways to fix green screen issues on Toshiba Fire TV since updating your TV’s firmware to the latest available version can fix certain bugs and errors that were caused by the previous version.
It is always advisable to be on the lookout for updates since manufacturers like Toshiba are constantly searching for those bugs and errors and fixing them with a new update to protect your device.
Follow the steps below to update your Toshiba Fire TV.
- First, open the Settings tab.
- Next, select the “System/Device & Software” option.
- Now, click on About, and then select the Software version option.
- From here, select the “Check for System Update” option to scan for new updates.
- Finally, install the updates.
That’s all. After you have installed the update, you can now restart the system.
Restart Your Toshiba Fire TV
Restarting the system is another way to fix your Toshiba Fire TV issues. This method has proven efficient in fixing green screen issues on Toshiba Fire TV.
There are different ways to restart your Toshiba Fire TV. One will be through the power cycle, while the other is through the system interface.
For the power cycle method of restarting your Toshiba Fire TV:
- First, unplug the Toshiba Fire TV from the power supply and leave it idle for some minutes.
- Next, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Do this a couple of times to help the system get rid of any piled-up charges.
- Now, plug back in the power and turn ON your Toshiba Fire TV.
To restart your Toshiba Fire TV from the system interface, follow the steps below.
- First, go to the Settings menu, and then select the System/Device & Software option.
- Now, select Restart and confirm the selection.
That’s all. If you are having issues with your display, then you can use your remote to restart the Toshiba Fire TV.
To do this, just press and hold the Play button and the Select button together for a few seconds, then wait until the TV turns OFF and ON again.
Change the Resolution on your Fire TV
Most of the time, display issues like green screens and bars popping up can be caused by making the wrong changes to your TV’s screen settings.
Wrongly configured resolution on your Fire TV can cause the display to have a zoomed-out interface, out-of-proportion icons, and green screen issues.
Here’s how to check and make changes to your resolution settings.
- First, open the Settings tab from the Homescreen.
- Next, select the Display & Sound settings option.
- Click on the Display/Picture/Theatre option depending on your model.
- Now, select the Video Resolution Display option.
- Finally, check and change the resolution.
That’s all. After making changes to your resolution, the TV will automatically restart.
Alternatively, you can use a remote shortcut to change the screen resolution on your Fire TV. All you have to do is press and hold both the Up and the Rewind buttons together on your Fire TV remote.
Turn Off Pixel Orbiter Setting on Toshiba Fire TV
The pixel orbiter feature on smart TVs reduces the possibility of screen burn-ins and other screen issues by randomly offsetting the image frame by a small amount after a pre-set interval.
This feature is found on some older model Toshiba Fire TVs and should be turned off if green screens and random bars start popping up on the screen.
Here’s how to turn off the pixel orbiter option on your Toshiba Fire TV.
- First, open the Settings menu and click on the Setup tab.
- Next, select Anti image Retention and click on the pixel orbiter option.
- Finally, toggle off the pixel orbiter option.
That’s all. Restart the TV and check if the issue has been resolved.
Reset your Toshiba Fire TV to Factory Settings
A factory reset will revert your system to its initial factory settings, so this is another good idea to get rid of errors.
This process will wipe all of your personal settings, configurations, and apps. Just think of it as resetting your Toshiba Fire TV to its initial status before you started using it.
You should also take note of the fact that this process might take some time to be completed. Follow the steps below to factory reset your Toshiba Fire TV.
- First, from the Settings tab, click on the Device & Software option.
- Next, select the Reset to factory defaults option, and then proceed to click on the Reset option.
- Finally, confirm the reset selection to start the process.
That’s all. Once the process is complete, you’ll need to set up your TV from scratch once again.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix a green screen when streaming?
You can fix green screen issues that come up while using a streaming app on your TV by uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it again.
This will clear the app’s cache memory and temporary files on your TV.
What is the difference between HDMI and HDMI ARC?
The regular HDMI connector only transmits images, while the HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) transmits both video images and audio through a source like a TV to a soundbar.
HDMI ARC will only work if both the TV and soundbar support the ARC ports.
After following the troubleshooting guide above, the green screen issue should be fixed at this point.
If you have tried all the fixes mentioned above, and the green screen refuses to go away, you can contact the customer support of Amazon or Toshiba for further assistance.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Find an Instagram Account by Phone Number - February 5, 2023
- How to Find a Twitter Account by Email or Phone Number - February 4, 2023
- Why is One of my AirPods Not Working? Best Ways to Fix it - February 4, 2023