Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Louis Ojibe
Where do saved audio messages go on iPhone? Well, that’s what you’re reading this article to find out. You’ll learn how to find and retrieve lost audio messages on your iPhone.
Recent advancements in mobile technology have made it possible to share different files like audio, images, and even videos via text messages. The iPhone, on the other hand, comes with the iMessage feature that makes it possible to send and receive audio messages.
Apple’s iMessages, which was introduced in 2011, is different from the standard text message app, and it is available only on Apple devices like Macs, iPhones, iPads, etc.
Although this messaging app is great, iPhone users still have one question, where do saved audio messages go? Let’s answer this question for you.
Where Do Saved Audio Messages Go on iPhone?
In most cases, if you’re receiving an audio message, you’ll definitely want it saved and backed up on your device so you can access it in the future. Continue reading to understand how to locate them and also retrieve messages and audio files that have been mistakenly deleted or lost from your device.
Audio messages are saved in the iMessage app on your iPhone. But, your iPhone by default will have your audio messages deleted after some time. This is why you may not be able to find audio messages after listening to them.
This happens about two minutes after you have listened to the audio file, but there is a fix. You should always make sure to keep or save the audio message within the given 2 minutes, or turn off this feature from your settings. We will be going into it in the next section.
How to Save Audio Messages on iPhone (3 Ways)
1. Save from iMessage
You can save your audio messages immediately after you have listened to them by following the steps below:
- First, launch the iMessage app on your device.
- Open the thread or conversation that has the audio message.
- Now, tap on the audio message to play it.
- Immediately after you have listened to it, click the “Keep” button below the audio message clip.
That’s all. The audio message will now be saved in that particular thread, and you can access it in the future.
2. Change Messages Settings
The second fix you’d want to try is changing the settings of your iPhone. This is better because it’ll prevent audio messages within your device from auto-deleting or expiring after some time.
- First, go to the Settings app on your device.
- Next, tap the Messages option, and locate the section for Audio Messages.
- Now, click the Expire option.
- Finally, change the expiration settings to “Never.”
3. Save on Mac
If you don’t want to follow the first two methods to save audio messages on iPhone, then follow these steps to save audio messages to your Mac computer. For these steps to work, you’ll need to be signed in to iMessage using the same Apple ID on both your iPhone and Mac.
- First, go to your iPhone’s Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.
- Now, turn on your Mac from the list of devices.
- From your Mac computer, launch the Messages app.
- Go to the conversation or thread where you have the voice message.
- Right-click on the audio message and select Services from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select Show in Finder from another drop-down menu that will be shown.
- You should get a new window to transfer your audio to your Mac.
- Finally, drag the audio message file and drop it towards a folder within your Mac computer.
If you’d like to save audio messages you have sent from your iPhone, then follow the steps below.
How to Save Audio Messages Sent from your iPhone
- From your iPhone, go to the conversation that has the sent audio message.
- Now, press and hold that audio message and click “More.”
- Next, click on the icon for the arrow on the bottom right.
- You should get a new window that will allow you to send the audio file to your own email address.
- You can then save the audio file on any device from your email account.
Where to Find WhatsApp Audio Messages on iPhone
If you’re having a problem finding your audio The easiest way to find the audio message files on WhatsApp is to simply follow these simple steps below.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Click on the search bar at the top.
- You’ll get different options. Select “Audio” to view all of your audio files that have been sent through WhatsApp.
That’s all. You can also save them to your device.
How To Retrieve Lost Audio Messages?
The steps above have answered the question, “Where do saved audio messages go?” But if you would like to know if you can recover lost or deleted audio messages on your iPhone, then you should know that the iPhone does not have a one-click button to just recover deleted messages back to your phone. But you can always restore a backup from iCloud, iTunes, or Finder.
You can also try a third-party data recovery tool from the App Store to retrieve deleted messages on your iPhone. But you should always check the reviews from people who have used them before you try them on your device.
This article has answered your question about where the audio messages are saved on your iPhone. You also learnt to permanently stop audio messages from expiring. You can also recommend this article to your friends if it was helpful.
Hownaijablog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program; therefore, some pages on this website may contain affiliate links. When you buy through these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
- How to Find an Instagram Account by Phone Number - February 5, 2023
- How to Find a Twitter Account by Email or Phone Number - February 4, 2023
- Why is One of my AirPods Not Working? Best Ways to Fix it - February 4, 2023